The TXMC888 is a Switched Mezzanine Card (XMC) compatible module providing a two channel 10 Gigabit Ethernet Enhanced Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP+) interface.
The XMC-Connector P15 provides access to the Intel 82599ES dual port 10GbE controller via an x8 PCIe link.
The TXMC888's SFP+ Cages accept various SFP and SFP+ transceiver modules. These two SFP+ hosts are connected to the Ethernet Controller's SFI Interfaces.
The following transceiver modules have been successfully tested with the TXMC888:
- Intel XDACBL1M (SFP+ Direct Attach Twinaxial Cable)
- Finisar FCBG110SD1C01 (SFP+ SFPwire Active Optical Cable)
- Intel E10GSFPSR (SFP+ 10GBASE-SR or 1000BASE-SX)
- Finisar FTLX8571D3BCV (SFP+ 10GBASE-SR or 1000BASE-SX)
- Intel E10GSFPLR (SFP+ 10GBASE-LR or 1000BASE-LX)
- Finisar FTLX1471D3BCV (SFP+ 10GBASE-LR or 1000BASE-LX)
- Finisar FCLF8522P2BTL (SFP 1000BASE-T)
All compatible transceivers modules and replacements of the tested modules will also work properly with the TXMC888.
The controller is equipped with a 1 Mbit serial flash memory for Boot ROM and a 128 Kbit EEPROM storing configuration data. LEDs in the front panel indicate the different network activities.
For preconfigured variants of the hardware module containing transceiver modules, please contact TEWS.
The TXMC888-10R provides two 10GbE Interfaces via front panel SFP+ connectors.
- Software support for Intel 82599ES at www.intel.com
- For operating systems not supported by Intel, please contact TEWS.