TEWS Technologies Launches TXMC897 Switched Mezzanine Card for Enhanced Ethernet Connectivity
TXMC897 sets a new standard in high-speed Ethernet communication with advanced features and flexibility
- Dual-channel 10GBase-T Ethernet and dual-channel SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Versatile support for multiple Ethernet speeds and standards including 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T, 2.5GBase-T, 5GBase-T and more
- Enhanced Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP+) interfaces offer various different Ethernet solutions realized via fiber optics or copper transmission lines
- Integrated quad-/dual-port Intel X710-TM4/AT2 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Conforms to ANSI/VITA 42.0 standard, with a compact form factor of 124 mm x 74 mm
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) support as per IEEE 1588/802.1AS standards
TEWS Technologies, renowned for its expertise in designing and building turnkey, embedded interface solutions, launched its latest product, the TXMC897 Switched Mezzanine Card (XMC)-compatible module. The TXMC897 is an innovative addition to the company’s portfolio, offering high-speed Ethernet connectivity for a variety of applications.
The TXMC897 is available in two variants:
“This new product exemplifies our commitment to innovation and quality,” said Tim Tews, General Manager of TEWS Technologies. “The TXMC897 is designed to meet the demanding requirements of high-speed data communication, providing our clients with unparalleled flexibility and performance.”
This module supports a range of Ethernet standards and speeds, making it suitable for diverse applications including the defense, industrial, and IoT markets. The TXMC897 provides dual-channel 10GBase-T Ethernet and dual-channel SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and supports multiple Ethernet speeds and standards including 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T, and NBase-T.
Its compatibility with various transceiver modules, along with its robust design, ensures reliable and efficient operation. The product also boasts an impressive MTBF [Mean Time Between Failures], underscoring TEWS Technologies’ focus on durability and quality.
The TXMC897 supports Intel’s X710-TM4/AT2 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller and includes a 64 Mbit Serial Flash for PXE and iSCSI boot. Software support for the controller is available at Intel’s official website, and TEWS Technologies provides additional support for other operating systems.
The XMC-Connector P15 provides access to the Intel X710-TM4/AT2 quad/dual port 10GbE controller via an x8/x4 PCIe 3.0 link. Two Ethernet interfaces support 100 Mbit/s, 1,000 Mbit/s as well as 2.5 Gbit/s, 5 Gbit/s, and 10 Gbit/s transmission rates. The two SFP+ Cages accept various SFP and SFP+ transceiver modules. These two SFP+ hosts are connected to the Ethernet controller’s SFI Interfaces.
Tews’ latest module conforms to ANSI/VITA 42.0 standard, with a compact form factor of 124 mm x 74 mm and supports the Precision Time Protocol (PTP) per IEEE 1588/802.1AS standards.